Whoa. Who knew that this milkshake would taste better than the milkshake you get at Dairy Queen?? Plus, it is completely guilt-free! Need something sweet to tame your chocolate cravings? Say no more. This recipe is just for you! (you may want to use Almond Butter or Cookie Butter if you are allergic to peanuts).
Also, if you want to see visuals on how to make this recipe, go check out my Youtube channel here.
Chocolate Blizzard Milkshake
- 2 frozen ripe bananas, chopped prior to freezing
- 2 heaping Tbsp cocoa OR cacao powder
- 1 heaping Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk
- dash of stevia or agave nectar (depending on sweetness of bananas)
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 vegan brownie, crumbled
1. Place all ingredients EXCEPT brownies in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. If you prefer a sweeter shake, add more stevia or agave. If you prefer it thinner, add less ice OR more almond milk.
3. Divide between two serving glasses and layer with brownie crumbles. Serve immediately or freeze, covered for later.
Be sure to check out my Youtube Channel where I share with my audience on how to cook/bake many different varieties of cuisine!
Vegan Chocolate Fudge Brownies
For the brownies:
– 1/3 cup tofu
– 1/4 cup strong coffee
– 1/2 cup canola oil
– 1/2 tsp almond extract
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 cup confectioners sugar
– 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 tbsp cornstarch
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 3/4 – 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
For the ganache topping:
– 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
– 1/3 cup soy milk
– 2 tbsp vegan butter, melted
– 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 inch square pan. Set aside.
2. To make the brownies: In a medium bowl, mash the tofu with your fork until smooth. Add in the coffee, oil, and almond extract and mix until combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, confectioners sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch. Whisk together to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips and combine.
4. Pour the thick batter into your prepared greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely before adding any toppings.
5. To make the ganache topping: Microwave your milk for 1 minute or until very hot. Add the milk with your chocolate chips and let it sit for 2 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt. Stir to combine (micowave for another minute if needed). Add in the melted butter and stir. Allow the chocolate to cool down in the fridge for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add in your confectioners sugar and combine. Pour onto your cooled brownies and enjoy!