Ever wanted to eat a dessert without feeling guilty afterwards? Well here is the perfect recipe for you to curb those sugary needs. These vegan tiramisu cheesecake bars are absolutely delicious, creamy, and chocolatey. Leaving you feeling satisfied without ruining your plan to a bikini bod this summer.
What’s the secret ingredient for this vegan “cheesecake”?
Yes. I said it.
Who would have thought haha. But no one would ever suspect a thing. Which is a perfect solution to get the kids to eat something nutritious for them. Happy eating~ 🙂
Vegan Tiramisu Cheesecake Bars
For the Brownie:
- 1 cup oat flour (I grind my own old fashioned Oats)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (or cashew flour or light/medium GF flour)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp non dairy milk (I used soy milk)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup 70% Dark Chocolate Theo bar (1.5 oz – 42 gms) or vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsps flaxmeal
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 tsps instant coffee
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup ground raw sugar (1/4 cup for less sweeter)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
For the Cheesecake:
- 16 oz package firm tofu
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (or 2 Tbsps cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 Tbsp ground raw sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp salt
- For the brownie layer: In a bowl, combine and mix together the oat flour, coconut flour, cocoa power, and baking powder. In a medium heat proof bowl, heat the non dairy milk and maple syrup until hot (in pan or microwave). Whisk in the dark chocolate and flax seed meal until the chocolate melts. Add in the vanilla, instant coffee, salt, oil, and the sugar into the chocolate mixture. Add the wet mixture into dry and mix to combine. Mix in 1/2 cup chocolate chips into the batter. Drop the batter onto prepared parchment lined 8×8 square pan. Spread it using a spatula to a level it. Reserve a Tablespoon of the batter to make swirls on top(optional).
- For the cheesecake layer: Lightly squeeze the Tofu to remove excess water and add to blender. Blend all the tofu, coconut flour, oil, and sugar together together in the blender. Taste and adjust/add lemon juice and salt to preferred tang/cream cheese-y taste. Drop the blended batter onto brownie batter. Spread evenly with a spatula.
- If making swirls on top, add 2 tsps non dairy milk to the reserved brownie batter (the batter is quite thick). Mix well and drop spoon fulls on top. Swirl the brownie batter into the cheesecake batter with a knife. If using a regular metal pan, place the pan on a baking sheet during baking so the bottom of the brownie does not get hard/overbaked.
- Bake at preheated 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until the center is set and the edges of the cheesecake start to get golden brown. Cool completely and slice. Refrigerate for half an hour before slicing for best results.
- Sprinkle sweetened cocoa powder on top. You can also soak the brownie layer in a little espresso + sugar + rum/liquor of choice.