This is one of my favorite quick breads ever! Moist, soft, fluffy, and a bit crunchy from the walnuts, this bread is perfect for Sunday mornings with hot coffee on the side. Breakfast anyone? Get Ready. Happy Eating~ 🙂
Zucchini Walnut Bread
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (optional)
- 3 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (or use pecans or chocolate chips…why not both??)
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon together and mix until combined with a whisk.
- In another large bow, beat together the eggs, oil, apple sauce, sugars, vanilla, and orange zest until fully incorpated and smooth. Slowly add in the flour into the wet ingredients until combined. Gently stir in the zucchini and nuts with a rubber spatula.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 40-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool on rack completely before cutting and serving.