Baked Chocolate Donuts
For the donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
For the glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
To make the donuts:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, beat together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk, and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
- Spoon in a greased donut pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan before glazing.
To make the glaze:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the sugar, milk, and vanilla until well combined. Remove from the heat.
- Dunk the donuts in the glaze to fully coat and place on a wire rack to set.
Recipe adapted from Buns In My Oven