Who is ready for some SERIOUS baking throughout this week? So many gift planning to do, I’d rather just relax and sleep my stress away…but hey. Baking is my life. Today, I am sharing with you guys this classic M&M cookie that is originally from the Nestle Toll House website. The outer edge of the cookie is nice and crunchy while the middle is chewy and soft. Just perfect. These little babies were so good, I ended up eating…um…can’t even count. Lol. Need a recipe that’ll make someone smile with glee when they recieve a cookie? Well this recipe is just for you. Happy Eating~ 🙂
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups M&M’s (I used a mixture of mini and regular M&M’s)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
Adapted from Lovin’ the Oven