Now that’s what I call instant. Having a serious craving for cakes but too lazy to go out (or make) and buy some desserts? Well here is a perfect recipe for you to fight off your cravings. Seriously, these mug cakes cake only a minute or two to make! Just simply whip up these ingredients in your mug and microwave on high for a minute and a half! Be careful not to overfill your mugs or else the cake will rise too much and overflow.
Instant Hot Chocolate Mug Cakes
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hot cocoa mix
- 3 1/2 tablespoons milk
- splash of vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 tablespoons oil
- mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, syrup ice cream (optional for toppings)
- Combine all ingredients except mini marshmallows in an oversized coffee mug. Whisk well with a fork until smooth. Add 4-5 mini marshmallows into batter if desired.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. Check to see if done by inserting knife and seeing if middle of cake is done. The outside of the cake even when fully cooked will look wet and slightly gooey. This is normal. If it needs longer, cook for an additional 30 seconds. Mine was done at 1 1/2 minutes. You don’t want to overcook it or it will become rubbery. You also want to keep in mind that the cake will continue to cook a little in the cup while it is cooling.
- Add additional toppings on top and let cake cool slightly before eating.
Adapted from Kirbie Cravings